MERIT BADGE ADVANCEMENT
Scouts most commonly work on Merit Badges in two ways: (besides Summer Camp!)
1) By finding (on their own) an adult counselor that has registered with the Council to teach that Merit Badge, and scheduling appointments as necessary.
ADULTS: For the above list, but sorted by adult (makes it easier to check which badges you are signed up for), see here.
2) By signing up for a 'classroom delivered' merit badge curriculum which will take 3-6 hours on a single day. The Troop must provide adult leadership (typically parents of the Scouts in attendance) for this 'field trip'. Troop 560 Scouts typically have opportunities to attend:
- University of Iowa Merit Badge University (late February / early March)
- Coe College Merit Badge University (early April)
- Troop 555 Merit Badge Workshop at Linn-Mar (early November)